I hate to admit it, but I am a cleansing pro. There are some tricks to making it through those moments when you want to eat the first refined carb in sight. Or, if you are like me, I just read food blogs to help me with my cravings. Not sure that it works, really. This is what I was looking at today. Next week — I’m making caramels.
Tips to get you through your cleanse:
- Peppermint tea and lemon. Every time I get a craving, I make some tea. Works for me.
- Bubbly water with lemon/lime. The bubbles help when you feel like you need something more than plain water.
- Avocado with lime and salt, eaten right out of the skin — greatest snack ever.
- Roasted brussels sprouts, tossed in 2 T of olive oil, S&P. Delicious and filling. I roast mine until crisp.
- Pop-corn. Yes, I said it. Well, it’s probably cheating a little. But, it’s corn. Just don’t go crazy. It’s a snack, not a meal.
- Stay busy. Clean things out, reorganize. I get more done during cleanses, than any other time.
- Exercise, steam, sauna. Make yourself feel good — you won’t want to cheat after you’ve taken such good care of yourself.
- Sleep. Let the cleanse do its’ work. Rest is key.
- Remember that it’s temporary. And, that it’s only food.