Is this you?
This is my goal.
Einstein said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result”. And next to that quote is a picture of me every morning before getting my kids to school and myself to work.
Really the only thing you should do in the morning is to get yourself ready, children dressed and have breakfast. Everything else needs to be done the night before. Period. And, as much as I love to sleep, I need to go to bed earlier and rise earlier.
So, here’s my plan. I hope it inspires you to do the same. And, if you are still home with little ones, God bless you. Take these little tidbits and stow them away.
- Lunches will be made the night before.
- School clothes (and mom’s clothes) will be laid out.
- Alarm set for 6am
- Meditate for 10-15 (not sure about this one yet)
- 6:15 -6:30 Check emails, read the news.
- 6:30 Shower
- 7:00 Wake the children & go prepare breakfast.
- 7:20 Breakfast time
- 7:45 Brushing teeth & gathering things to be taken to car.
- 7:55 Out the door!
There it is. My plan for a peaceful morning. I don’t want another year of stress in the morning . . . it’s a horrible way to start the day. Wish me luck!