Remember when we used to “lay out” with baby oil all day long? Well, the damage is definitely done. But, it’s never too late to take care of your skin. Especially now that the weather is warm and we are all outside again, it’s time to remember the sunscreen. Not that you shouldn’t wear it yearound, but chances are you are spending much more time outside and you are exposing a lot more skin. Sunscreen is a pain to constantly apply but, here are some tips to make it easier for you to remember. Besides that, I don’t know about you, but I don’t want a dry, leathery, Colorado face.
- Find a moisturizer that has sunscreen in it. It’s like killing 2 birds with one stone. However, the spf is pretty low, so you should definitely also apply sunscreen on your face and other exposed areas prior to being outside for a prolonged period. I personally like the Alba brand with spf. It’s a little pricey, but worth it.
- Put your facial sunscreen on right after you wash your face. Have it by your sink — that way you won’t forget. Then, you can apply any makeup over that. Even though your makeup has spf, you should definitely put sunscreen on first! I use Murad and love it because it has a matte finish.
- Have sunscreen in your car at all times. Apply some to the tops of your hands, as they are sitting on top of your steering wheel catching a tan whether you realize it or not. Can you say sun spots????
- Keep some in your bag too, and reapply when necessary.
- Hats are stylish and cool . . . look for some and keep one in your car (and stroller).